Re: Debian on Sparc 10

Mandi! Gene Jannece
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I have a Sparc 10, and would like to install Debian on it, I've read that the Sparc 10 is supported,
> but I got no clear answer to if I can install debian through the floppy install disks.

I've a SS10, and i've simple downloaded the boot (rescue) floppy, put
into drive, done a STOP-A in boot phase, wrote ``boot floppy'' and sit
down seeing debian boot.

After that you have effectively to partition the disks with some SUN (i
think) rules, like the partition 3 as whole disk.
Read carefully the debian installation manual and you will have no
pain.

--
dott. ing. Marco Gaiarin
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''      http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/