Re: XFree86 4.1.0 for SPARC/UltraSPARC

Hello Ben,

> The latest test packages for XFree86 4.1.0, including Dave Miller's PCI
> patches, are available. You can add this to /etc/apt/sources.list:

I have test on an Ultra 10 with a Creator 3D card :

    dmesg | grep ^fb
    fb0: Creator 3D at 000001fc00000000 type 51 DAC 10
    fb1: ATY Mach64 frame buffer device on PCI

The apt-get update make problem for line "MD5sum" for xfonts-75dpi and
xfonts-100dpi. I have correct by removing by hand the MD5sum lines (which was
empty, only MD5sum:)

Also, there are the same warning as the last one ("unable to process font").

After that, using it seem ok, with just one problem : some squares are draw
instead of writing "Welcome to ..." in my gdm login.

Test with a SunBlade 100 with the base ATI card :

    dmesg | grep ^fb
    fb0: ATY Mach64 frame buffer device on PCI

No problem at all with it. All seems OK.

Hope this help.

Good day.

		Olivier
--