Re: Potato Crashing

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 01:15:16PM +0100, Iain Johnstone wrote:

> Normal they run just fine but every three of so days they crash and
> required to be switched off and back on.

I had the exact same thing happen on one of mine (2.2.18pre21) -- my
solution was to enable a getty on ttyS0. Maybe someday I'll even use
it to log in. There's already a line in the default /etc/inittab to
support this; just uncomment it and go. I still get respawn errors in
daemon.log for the gettys on tty1 and tty2, but it hasn't crashed in
12 days.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu