Re: X on Sun Blade 100

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 02:26:06PM -0700, Joshua Uziel wrote:
> * isaac jones <ijones@cis.ohio-state.edu> [010531 11:49]:
> > Can anyone elaborate on the X windows support for this machine? I
> > understand that framebuffer support is not great at the moment?
> >
> > Has anyone gotten Xwindows to work w/ the blade 100? Can anyone point me
> > to any references?
>
> Dave Miller hacked up the X drivers a few weeks ago and sent in the
> patches... he told me that it should work and I'm guessing we'll see it
> with the next revision of X4.

Yeah. The Debian 2.4.5 kernel images have the required support. I'm
working out a sigbus issue with the XFree86 server right now. After I
resolve this (with much help from DaveM so far), then patches will get
integrated.

Dave has the server working for him locally. I actually have it working
under 2.2.20pre1 kernels. For some reason, the sigbus pops up with 2.4.x
kernels. Shouldn't be too much longer, and I'll post here with test
.deb's.

Ben