Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)

On Thu, May 31, Steven Hanley wrote:

> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:39:09PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> > > I think what you read is that "...they are working on it for PPC."
> > > Supposedly an endian-fixed version should be available soonish.
> > >
> > I would believe that XFS wouldn't have any endian problems; since XFS was
> > origionally on a big-endian system (mips/irix) before.
>
> unfortunately not, they had to add a lot of code and change a fiar bit of
> stuff to get XFS to work inside linux, all this work and development was done
> on x86 boxen, as to how far they are towards having this working on linux/ppc
> now I dont know.

Since XFS runs stable on UltraSPARC, I see now reason why it should
not work on Linux/PPC. I don't know if the on-disk-format is compatible
between big- and little-endian systems, but this is in the moment no
major problem for me.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg