Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:39:09PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 02:09:16PM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> > Cameron Berkenpas wrote:
> > >
> > > I thought I read somewhere that XFS is working on PPC..
> > > I take it that info was incorrect?
> >
> > I think what you read is that "...they are working on it for PPC."
> > Supposedly an endian-fixed version should be available soonish.
> >
> I would believe that XFS wouldn't have any endian problems; since XFS was
> origionally on a big-endian system (mips/irix) before.

unfortunately not, they had to add a lot of code and change a fiar bit of
stuff to get XFS to work inside linux, all this work and development was done
on x86 boxen, as to how far they are towards having this working on linux/ppc
now I dont know.

        See You
            Steve

--