Re: KDE on sparc linux?

Didn't I read that someone had successfully gotten openoffice (ne:
staroffice) compiled and working on powerpc?  Often the mods
necessary for that are the same for porting to sparc, and vice
versa.  Check out {penguin,linux}ppc.org.  Also, I have used lyx
with some regularity, it's really pretty handy.  Vim or openoffice
will output to html, which can be nifty.

I too don't wish to hand over the sixty giga-quads necessary to run
kde-anything.