Re: X on sparc IPX and classic

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 07:34:43AM +0200, MPfeifer wrote:
> > The X server for Sparc Classic and IPX (Xsun) doesn't need
> > configuration: it works right out of the box.
> thanks, but then have you an idea, why anXious or X at all doesn't work?

anXious uses xviddetect to configure X, xviddetect uses PCI bus data to
detect video cards, and Sparc IPX and Classic don't have a PCI bus
(only Sbus), so it doesn't work.

> it says different things, like "couldn't open Xsun" or "Xsun24" etc. i don't
> have a detailed X-output here right now. could that be useful?

Sounds to me like Xsun isn't installed. But yes, complete error
messages are useful.

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl