SS20 lockups

Hi

I installed Debian on an SS20 yesterday, and I'm having some problems
with it.  I installed the 2.2.19-sun4dm-smp kernel for it, and it locked
up pretty soon after that.
I looked around on the net and saw that SS20's could have problems using
smp, so I installed the 2.2.19-sun4m without smp but it  crashed pretty
soon after that.

I tried to compile a new 2.4 kernel off the vger.samba.org cvs tree, but
I got a compile error on memory.c.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows what kernel would be stable on this
thing.  Btw, I also upgraded this to sid, maybe sid isn't stable on an
SS20?

Thanks
Andy