Re: SparcStation 1 w/ Debian boot prob.

> On Mar 26, Michael Hoye scratched in indelible ink :

> Hah! I now have a computer, where before I only had a doorstop! Success is
> mine!

whoo hoo!  Good on ya!

> For my next question - once I'm in Debian, how do I go about mounting a
> SCSI CD? The "mount /cdrom" you'd expect to work, fstab having the right
> info in it, tells me that the device is "not present", or something to
> that effect. I've got a cdrom in /dev/, I've got an entry in fstab, and
> yes, the thing is turned on. Any suggestions?

You sure you have a CD in the drive?  It's been known to happen, speaking from
experience...  or, /dev/cdrom should be a symlink to your scsi cd device.
eg
beowulf[1]~> ls -l /dev/cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Jul 20  2000 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/scd0

scd0 being the scsi cdrom drive with the lowest ID number.

HTH,
/Jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy