Re: Strange things occurred in my SS10...

>>> Marco Gaiarin <gaio@sv.lnf.it> 28-Feb-01 11:28:37 AM >>>
>I've changed only some little things:
>1) place, but same room (as i've sayed)
>2) console (i've removed monitor and keyboard and
>  i'm using serial console)
>3) (little) kernel (2.2.18 plain), to use dhcp
>4) installed dhcp

>Now i've recompiled kernel, trying to remove all but
>needed, and i've stopped all non needed services.
>
>How can be?!
>
>PS: some later and bright illumination: can be the terminal
>emulator program that send some time a 'break' signal
>so machine go to prom prompt?! O;-)))

That's it. It's a usefull tool actually and I don't think there's any
way to disable it.

The best thing to do (if you're not going to use a keyboard and
monitor hooked up directly) is to telnet into the machine and use it
that way.

Or install X on it and hook up an X Server to it.

Nic Ferrier