Re: Ultra5 - Potato - Multiple HME Interfaces

Suns have always done this (same MAC on all interfaces).  It can confuse
the hell out of an ethernet switch.  Are both interfaces plugged into the
same network?  If so you need to select another MAC address.  Just ifconfig
in another ethernet address:

       ifconfig eth1 10.10.10.10 hw ether 00:10:5A:9E:9E:A4

If each interface is on a different network (in the ethernet sense, can be
connected by routers, but no switches or bridges) then it does not matter.
If it _did_ matter, an awfull lot of firewalls would stop working. :)

Jay D. Allen
Advisory Software Engineer

IBM®  Corp.,  Web Servers Division, Solutions Development
15450 SW Koll Pkwy. MS: UMP2-370,  Beaverton,  OR  97006
Phone:   (503) 578-7688    T/L  578-7688
Email: jaydallen@us.ibm.com | Jay D Allen/Beaverton/IBM

Dennis Keller <dennis@bullamanka.com> on 02/19/2001 03:18:30 PM