Re: Segv

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Janine Restis wrote:

JR>Hi,
JR>
JR>this problem was reported on 1st Feb with the subject "mkfontdir in
JR>testing xutils (4.0.2) segfaults".
JR>I have the same problem, X doesn't work anymore.
JR>I was told it could be a glibc problem.
JR>
JR>It seems to hit Ultra's. *shrugs*
JR>
JR>An update didn't help yet.
JR>What glibc and kernel version are you running? I'm running kernel 2.4.1
JR>and glibc 2.2.1. I'm pretty sure it installed a new glibc the last time
JR>I upgraded and after that I encountered those problems.

Sigh i supposed this!

At the moment i still use kernel 2.2.18pre21 (potato package), but my
intention is to recompile it in the next few days, and glibc 2.2.

Moreover i experience other problems with this upgrade to woody:
some applications, (traceroute first of all) give the error:"
zsh: bus error  traceroute www.debian.org", and i don't understand if it's
the shell or the application to crash.

Dario