Re: Segv

> I have an ultra5 running woody...
>
> Did any1 was affected by mkfontir SIGSEGV while installing X fonts?
>
> Well actually it crashes also running it manually.
> For this it cannot create  the file fonts.dir and X obviously doesn't
> start.
>
> Dario

Hi,

this problem was reported on 1st Feb with the subject "mkfontdir in
testing xutils (4.0.2) segfaults".
I have the same problem, X doesn't work anymore.
I was told it could be a glibc problem.

It seems to hit Ultra's. *shrugs*

An update didn't help yet.
What glibc and kernel version are you running? I'm running kernel 2.4.1
and glibc 2.2.1. I'm pretty sure it installed a new glibc the last time
I upgraded and after that I encountered those problems.

I'm still waiting for suggestions. :)

Janine

--
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.