Apache problem in unstable

Hey, I know it's unstable, but...

I had to upgrade my sparc5 to unstable to get debian to install php4.  Everything works fine except apache which spouts out the following errors.

[emerg] (11)Resource temporarily unavailable: fcntl: F_SETLKW: Error getting accept lock, exiting!  Perhaps you need to use the LockFile directive to place your lock file on a local disk!
[emerg] (11)Resource temporarily unavailable: fcntl: F_SETLKW: Error getting accept lock, exiting!  Perhaps you need to use the LockFile directive to place your lock file on a local disk!
[notice] Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) Debian/SPARC configured -- resuming normal operations
[notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache/suexec)
[alert] Child 245 returned a Fatal error...
Apache is exiting!

Now the lock file hasn't moved, it is still on the local disk.  I've done a google and debian lists search with mentions of the problem (not debian specicly), but no solutions to fix it.

Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks
  Andrew