Re: Newbie questions

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> > > Do you get an oops report or does it lock up hard? I'd like to track this
> > > bug down since I havent had access to a > 2 CPU machine for a while.
> >
> > No. it just stops. =^/
> > Is there a way for me to help tracking it ?
>
> If you have a keyboard, does the caps lock key work (ie the keyboard driver
> is working)? If so you could use the magic sysrq combination to dump task
> information.
>
> Can you stop-a on the keyboard or send a break over the serial console?
> If so then you can do ctrace, .registers, .locals at the OK prompt.

Nope. it gets completely stuck either by keyboard or serial console. =/

> If it locks up hard then debugging becomes a little more difficult. Some
> idea of the events up to the lockup will help.

Dunno. I got a processor down. The machine stayed up for a week and a
half and hung agay today. Since I don't know how to obtain info from the
SUNW envctrl I dont know if its the heat that stops the machine or if
there is any other factor.

Thanks for the help. =^)

[]'s
Pablo

Pablo Borges                                pablo.borges@uol.com.br
  ____                                               Tecnologia UOL
 /    \    Debian:
 \__/ |      The 100% suck free linux distro.
     /
   /       SETI is lame. http://www.distributed.net