Re: printing on sparc

Hi,

I have some news. After sending some text to the printer (DEskJet
720C) the sun halted but then I unplugged the printer cable from the
sun it came alive again. So it seems a hardware problem ?
Is there a similar printer port on the Ultra 10? It looks similar to
the PC's.

I used modprobe parport_ax and modprobe lp to get access to the
/dev/lp0

To Ragga:

I'm using 2.2.17 kernel from Debian 2.2r0 and sun4u Ultra 10 with PCI
bus.

I'm tried the bpp module with the stock kernel:

~# insmod bpp
Using /lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/bpp.o
/lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/bpp.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: this error can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

and

~# modprobe bpp
/lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/bpp.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: this error can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/bpp.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/bpp.o failed
/lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/bpp.o: insmod bpp failed

modprobe parport_ax
modprobe lp

works but then I have the problem with the printer.

To Jean-Paul Blaquiere

I tried printing through the lpr daemon as well.

Gabor