Re: no security fix for openssh for sparc

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 01:00:47AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Ben Collins wrote:
> > Bah! File a critical bug on these packages for potato to make the
> > maintainer get off his ass and fix this shit!
>
> Crap, the packages work for all other architectures and the sparc
> porters simply never made sure the sparc packages are compiled
> correctly. Don't blame the maintainer for that.

For what?! The sparc binaries had to be recompiled (binary-only) because
of dependency issues. However, the dependencies between the indep and arch
packages are such that it is impossible to do a binary-only upload. I do
blame that on the maintainers. It is something that either requires the
maintainer to make proper deps, or the porters to do a full source upload
for binary-only recompiles.

Ben