Re: wvdial and ultra 5?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:45:47PM -0700, Jason Wright wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:40:24PM -0700, Steve Bowman spewed forth:
>
> > You were able to run at 115200 port speed on _this_ box?  I have an
>
> For a couple of days, before switching back to wvdial.  I was getting
> 10-11k throughput on news overview too, almost as good as the Pentium.

Well then, your serial controller should be a fast one.  Maybe it is
wvdial, or whatever it uses to detect serial port/modem capabilities.

> I was under the impression that the sun4u's have 115200 serial ports.  Am I
> mistaken?

The mistake may be mine.  I'll have to check that machine again to
be sure.  It's a Solaris box with free ppp on it.  I'm *sure* it will
only do 38400 since I had to d**k around with Sun's stupid aspppd until I
gave up on it and put a working ppp on it.  I'm not sure about the arch,
though.  It may be a SparcStation 10 (sun4m) - it's been awhile since
I've looked at it and for some reason this detail escapes me.  I'm trying
to arrange to replace it with an Ultra running Debian.  Does anyone know
what multi-port cards work with sparc linux, say 2.4.0-testx?

Steve

--
Steve Bowman  <sbowman@frostwork.net> (preferred)
Buckeye, AZ   <sbowman@goodnet.com> <bowmanc@acm.org>