Re: floppy boot trouble

> VFS : Insert root floppy disk to be loaded int RAM
> disk and press ENTER (=> I did it)
> RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
> RAMDISK: Loading 1440 blocks into ram disk...  done.
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.
> Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init=option
> to kernel.

I got the "No init" message once when I put two debian
installed hard disks sda and sdb. The problem can be
corrected if on the SILO boot prompt you specify the
root system (if it is already available on the hard
disk) and type on the SILO prompt:

SILO boot:  linux root=/dev/sda1

> and  in the sentence " Press L1-A to return to the
> boot prom",  which character does "L1" stand for ?

L1-A stands for the "stop" key on most sun systems.
This key when pressed with A will kill the loaded OS
and take you to the PROM boot prompt.