Re: ultra-sparc port

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 09:43:04PM +0200, A. Demarteau  (lustrum cluster) wrote:
> hi everyone,
> (note: please reply privately)
> I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on how to install an
> ultra-sparc 1 box with debian.
>
> I know there's work in progres on the ultra-sparc port.
> There were suggestions on installation-project here for other distro's but
> as a debian user I'd like to stick with debian if possible.
> Any hints, information, succes or failure stories would be welcome.

The debian SPARC port fills your needs. As with all other UltraSPARC
ports, they are based on 32bit sparc userland, with a 64 bit sun4u
(ultrasparc) kernel. You can find information on installing at the
following URL, along with the needed binaries:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-sparc/current/

The install docs are very through, so I suggest printing and reading those
first to make sure you download the appropriate files.

Ben