Booting From a CD-ROM

Repeat from my Real Address.

Hi,
I have been using Debian on x86 systems for about 3 years and have now
come into possession of some Sun Sparc5 machines.
These have no Floppy drive and internal hard disk I have an External
CD-ROM which I can use to boot into the Solaris installation fine, but
when I try to boot into the Debian CD(which boots fine on my x86 boxes)
following the instructions on the Debian on Sparc installation
site(http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/sparc/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-install-cd)
it doesnt work.

is a bootable sparc debian cd different to a x86 cd?

--
Thanks,
Aaron Daniels