Ultra 5 and X 4.0.1 (woody)

I have an Ultra5 which I upgraded to woody. The
upgrade process went fine. With the upgrade my
version of X was changed to 4.0.1 and I have been
unable to start X ever since.

Using "dexter" I have tried various configurations to
no avail. My current confi file is shown below. When
I attempt to start X with "startx" the screen flashes
and then is blank, meanwhile the machine is hosed. I
cannot switch VTYs, any ssh/telnet sessions are
frozen and so on. I have to power cycle the machine
to get it back.

I don't have very much experience running on SPARC
hardware so I'm sure I've missed something config
wise. I have read the debian-sparc archives as well
as combed through the /usr/doc stuff but I couldn't
find anything that looked like it would solve my
problem. If I can post any more files to help I'd be
glad to.

TIA.

-Ian

/etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

# XF86Config-4 (XFree86 server configuration file)
generated by Dexter, the
# Debian X Configuration tool.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the XF86Config
manual page.
# (Type "man XF86Config" at the shell prompt.)

Section "Files"
	FontPath	"unix/:7100"
	# local font server
	# if the local font server has problems, we
can fall back on these
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
	FontPath