Re: X4.0.1

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 10:22:17AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 03:47:34AM -0500, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 03:32:13AM -0500, Antonio Musumeci wrote:
> >
> > > sunkeymap for the keyboard. However, the refresh rate is really slow,
> > > the mouse appears to work but goes nuts and then stops completely. They
> > > keyboard also sortof works. Half the keys are miss mapped (enter is
> > > 'c'). If anyone has a similar setup could you send me your XF86Config
> > > file please.
> >
> > You need working XKB so that keys work properly. Check your X startup log...
>
> Basically you just need to setup your keymap correctly in the XF86Config-4
> file.

I had similar problems getting an Sun IPX working.  I couldn't get
gpm and X to use the mouse together very well, so I turned off
gpm and used the device "/dev/sunmouse" with protocol "busmouse"
for the mouse. My keyboard section is as follows - you'll probably
have to change XkbModel to type5.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "sun"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "type4"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

Also, you probably want to start X using startx while testing,
so that you immediately see any error messages.

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley@fields.space.umn.edu |