Re: Kernel compile on poor Sun hardware

    Andreas> then ...  Moreover compiling the kernel on a differnt
    Andreas> machine than the production one is also a good idea and I
    Andreas> don't want to fiddle around with cross-compiling.

As long as you include SMP support, there are no meaningful
differences between an E250 and an Ultra5.

Using an Ultra2, you would have to make sure you also include PCI bus
support and support for the PCI based devices in the E250 but not in
the Ultra2.

Any other workstation models are going to cost more than I think
you're willing to pay :)

--
Stephen

"And what do we burn apart from witches?"... "More witches!"