Re: Probelms Installing on SS10

The root filesys / and I believe /boot need to be under the 1GB area of the hard disk.
Are you dual booting?
The same limitation used to apply on old intel boxes with pre 2.0 kernels.

"Bihari, Steve" wrote:

Hi all.  I am having troubles installing Debian 2.2.0 on a Sparc 10.  On the
reboot after base system install right away I get a message that says
something like..

"Buggy PROM's prevent reading past 1GB.  Cannot find block 783584.  Please
forward complaints to EMCC".

Now this isn't the exact error message, but pretty close.

Any thoughts?  Do I need to upgrade the PROM's or is there another