Re: subnetting network

    John> connector.  However I have trancievers that convert the AUI
    John> to UTP and I have a hub.  I setup a seperate subnet
    John> ( and they can ping each other on that network,
    John> but cannot ping any computer on the coaxial network
    John> (  I have setup a linux box (not the internet
    John> router, another computer) with both a coaxial card and a utp
    John> card in it to serve as a gateway.  On the coaxial network,
    John> my gateway's address is, and on the utp network,
    John> the ip address is  The IP address of the
    John> internet gateway is on the coaxial side and I am
    John> not going to say the internet IP for security reasons (don't
    John> want crackers telneting into my network =)).  Anyway, how do
    John> I route so that computers on the network can
    John> ping computers on the network and vice-versa;
    John> how do I route the internet so that I can route it to both
    John> the network and the network?  The
    John> router is using ipchains to route the internet packets to
    John> the networks.

Sparcs need

        route add default gw
machines on co-ax need

        route add gw
        route add default gw

the internet router needs to accept packets from both &
192.168.0./24 on the co-ax interface and masquarade them to the
outside world

Configuring this so it all happens every reboot is left as an exercise
for the reader.

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a
system of government"