subnetting network

    This is perhaps slightly off topic as it deals more with linux networking than anything else, but does deal with Debian on SPARC sorta. =)  I have two 32-bit sparc and I want to connect them to the rest of my network, but, they use a different interface than the rest of my network and I can't seem to ping other clients.  I have several computers, windows and linux boxes, all intel on a coaxial network, all connected to the internet via a cable modem through a gateway.  The SPARCs use that crappy AUI and have no coaxial connector.  However I have trancievers that convert the AUI to UTP and I have a hub.  I setup a seperate subnet ( and they can ping each other on that network, but cannot ping any computer on the coaxial network (  I have setup a linux box (not the internet router, another computer) with both a coaxial card and a utp card in it to serve as a gateway.  On the coaxial network, my gateway's address is, and on the utp network, the ip address is  The IP address of the internet gateway is on the coaxial side and I am not going to say the internet IP for security reasons (don't want crackers telneting into my network =)).
    Anyway, how do I route so that computers on the network can ping computers on the network and vice-versa; how do I route the internet so that I can route it to both the network and the network?  The router is using ipchains to route the internet packets to the networks.
    Thank You,
    John F. Scipione