Sparc ELC reporting Power-On SelfTest failure..

	I have a Sparc ELC that recently had it's IDPROM/NVRAM battery
fail. According to the NVRAM FAQ on sunhelp.org I ordered a replacement
chip from Mouser (only took two months to get the chip...), installed it,
and reprogrammed it from the prom monitor. At this point I was able to
boot already present Linux installation (Debian 2.2) w/o problem, even
across power cycles, showing that the NVRAM chip was indeed holding the
data I had programmed into it.
	The only problem that remains is that on power on, after the
standard system information message, I get a 'Power-On SelfTest Failed...
Replace NVRAM" message. This is followed by a prompt to boot or enter a
new command mode. If I press 'b' to boot the system, it boot Linux w/o
problems and Linux runs (21 hours now) w/o problems. Obviously this
message is spurious, and I never saw it before I replaced the NVRAM chip.
	So, my question is, how do I get rid of this message, primarily so
that the system can boot into Linux w/o user intervention? Did I miss
something while reprogramming the NVRAM (I don't think so, I have
rechecked it multiple times)? Or there is something else that can be done
about this message? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |