Re: printing from Debian/Sparc

From: Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
Subject: Re: printing from Debian/Sparc
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:47:40 -0400

> > >From the information in this lists I did as follows
> >
> > * bpp.o seemed needed so I did "insmod bpp.o" and it worked fine.
> > * there were no /dev/lp? so did "MAKEDEV lp" and also "MAKEDEV par"
> > and "MAKEDEV parport" (but I don't know these are necessary or not).
> > * echo "abc" > /dev/lp0 (or lp1) causes nothing at all.
> > echo "abc" > /dev/lp2 said there is no such devices.
> > * Setting up /etc/printcap with /dev/lp0 did not work either.
>
> I think you need atleast one more module. I think it is called either
> parport_ax or parport_pc (or something similar) so that PC style hardware
> will work.

Thanks for your information but as far as I checked
there is no parport_* menu in kernel configuration
in sparc.

At least there is no 'parport' in
kernel-source-2.2.17/arch/sparc/config.in

Best Regards,			2000.10.11

PS. I do not subscribe this list so I am very glad if
you cc me, as Ben did.

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>