Unable to find /vmlinuz on an IPX

Hiho...

I just got an SparcStation IPX where I wanted to install Deb 2.2. (first
Deb-install...)

Everything seems to work great, but trying to reboot SILO states "could
not find /vmlinuz" (or similar).

So I think something is wrong with my silo-installtion... I rebooted
with the rescue-disk, got my shell and tried to install it myself using

silo -r /target

Which does not give me an error (/boot is sda1, / is sda2).

silo.conf looks like

partition=1
root=/dev/sda2
timeout=100
image=1/vmlinuz
label=linux
read-only

Questions are - why is it not working, is the image=1/vmlinuz correct
and will I ever be able to find the question to the answer "42"?

Please also anwer to me personally as I am not subscribed to the list
(yet).

     Balu

PS: Main reason to install Deb is to get a starting-point for
a Sparc-LFS (http://linuxfromscratch.org)