10BaseT transceiver works now

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on how to troubleshoot this odd problem.

When I connected the transceiver to my 3c509 I immediately noticed something I
hadn't before; there's a link LED too, which wasn't on on the SPARC (duh!)  So
I realized the transceiver works, and then by sheer luck when I replaced it in
the sparc it worked.  Turns out its extremely sensetive and so I had to play
around with it to get it to remain working, even the metal slider isn't tight
enough (which is also a pain to put into place).  ANd since the ELC is close to
a wall it's difficult to adjust it and still get the conenction to work (not
good for an ipmasq machine, eh?)

Ben Roberts, Class of 2001 (1st of millenium), founding member of MBLUG

"If your motherboard smells like carcinogens it's time to get a new
motherboard."
        -- Ben Roberts, refering to his SPARC