Re: ntp hangs...

Hello,

 > >[ntp hangs...]
 > >  > Hangs for ever or 2 minutes?  If the latter, replace the hostnames in
 > >  > ntp.conf with the IP numbers, it is the DNS lookup that is "hanging".
 > >
 > >Hangs for ever...
 >
 > Ummmmmm.
 >
 > How do you know it is ntp that hangs?  Does removing ntp from the startup
 > help?  Moving it to S99 help?

Yes, removing 'ntp' from the startup helped (of course, ntp isn't
running any more...). Everything else is working fine...

The same happens when I just want to upgrade: During the configuration
of the ntp package it hangs. Yes, it still hangs after an hour... I
can interrupt it with Ctrl-C, and then everything else gets configured
just fine (besides xntp3, since it depends on ntp), and I get the
message that for the two packages (ntp and xntp3) there were errors
encountered while processing...

Bye,
	Uwe

--
Uwe Muench, Dep. of Physics and Astronomy, 223 Phys. Bldg., Univ. of
Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211,    Phone (private): +1-573-442-6504