Adaptec SCSI Controller in Ultra 5?

Hello everybody,

I was wondering wether an Adaptec SCSI controller (especially a 29160)
works in an Ultra 5?! Adaptec says that the BIOS on the controller is
not sparc compatible (so, it would not be recognized by the system BIOS
nor boot), but when I look at the kernel options for the Ultra, I can
see the AIC7xx family being supported.

Is the linux kernel able to reliably communicate with the controller via
the driver (in case we get the system booted somehow else)?

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely,
   Felix Schuermann

    "...imagination is stronger than knowledge!"

    Felix Schuermann      fschuermann@usa.net
                          icq: 11071716