no support for e: /proc filesystem?

Hello

I am trying to install debian sparc potato on a sparc 10 using the latest
boot disks.  I am getting an error after I insert the root disk that says
something about this system doesn't support an e:/proc filesystem.
(I know I probably should give the exact error.)

Other info:

I have installed debian sparc potato on other sparcstations before.  I know
how to do it.  I just don't know what this error means.

I reset the openprom settings to default.

I have tried switching out the memory simms and using different sets.  The
error still happens.

I have even tried removing the scsi hard disk to see if it had something to
do with the hard drive.

The error message keeps appearing every second or two.

The computer passes the openprom diag-all test.

Regardless of what I do, the message keeps repeating.

Thanks in Advance,

John