Re: Sparc5 install woes

Well,
    It sounds like the same problem I had, with my system it was the fact the
Linux kernel module cannot drop it's SCSI bus synch rate low enough.  I ended up
having to use an external hard drive.  You can check this by watching the boot
messages, it should give you an idea.  If the system sorta hangs when
initializing the 2.1GB.  Also another way to check would be if when it is
formating if the drive or SCSI bus is reset often.  drop to either VT3 or VT4
and watch for SCSI bus resets or errors.

        Chris B