The Correct way to change Window Managers.

Guess I have just had too sheltered a life. :) Working
with CDE and all. But After running Red Hat for
several years I put in the Debian potato on a spark
station. I'd like to play with both KDE and
enlightenment but after looking at Xsession and XDM
and a number of the scripts in /etc/X11 I can't see an
eligant way of changing the window manager. I managed
to change it by swapping the Xsession file for my own
but that doesn't seem like the right way to do this.
What's the correct way to change things??? Wasn't it
just a lot simpliler when it all was started by
.xinitrc???

   Donald L. Gover

=====
Donald L. Gover