Re: Unable to compile; sys/io.h not found (fwd)

On Wed, Jun 07, Stephen R. Gore wrote:

> I found it in /usr/include/asm/io.h on sparc.  Not sure if this is a bug,
> or really necessary.  There needs to at least be a link from
> /usr/include/sys/io.h for most builds to find the header.

sys/io.h does not exist on SPARC. And you don't need it. You even
cannot use it, because it is not supported by the SPARC hardware.
You don't have IO ports.

If you have a program which depends on it, you need to rewrite it
for a SPARC port.

Linking asm/io.h to sys/io.h does not help, because the program
will not compile with it.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg