Re: Boot partitions

> I am a Primary School teacher whose school has inherited a SPARC IPX running SunOS 4.1.3U.  I am new to SPARC's but not to Linux.  I've installed the base package of SLINK 2.1 (kernel 2.0.35) in a '/boot' partition '/sda1' (28MB).  I previously used to fire up the Sun with the following from the new prompt:

This is where the problem lies. Silo looks for the image on the boot
partition (very unlike a PC, in which lilo references an disk block as
opposed to being able to read the filesystem like silo can).

You can either boot with init=/bin/bash and edit /etc/silo.conf manually,
or do an install with just one partition (no need to seperate partitions
if you don't have to).

I also suggest going with a potato install as opposed to slink.