Upgrade from slink to potato, IPX

Greetings. Thanks to all who offered assistance on my upgrade from
Debian 2.1 to "frozen potato". The process went fairly well, apart
from a circular dependency that was resolved by re-installing 2.1 with
the 2.2 kernel. However, there seems to be an intermittent problem
with the dynamic linker (ld.so). For example, running some programs
yields the following:

  BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get-dynamic_info: Assertion '! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!

I noticed this failure when running 'man' on a valid entry (man on a
non-existent entry does not cause this behavior); I also noticed the
failure during an invocation of 'umount' while the system was
rebooting. And, there are other problems. For example, I see an
"Illegal SPARC instruction" flash by during the runlevel change after
executing 'init 6'.

My platform is a SPARC IPX; 64mb ram, prom rev 2.9. Debian 2.1 seemed
to run fine. If someone has an idea of a fix, please let me
know. Otherwise I'll revert to 2.1 until potato is officially
released. Also, if I can offer any more information please ask. Thanks
much.

Regards,

David E. Young
Fujitsu Network Communications  "The fact that ... we still
(de.young@computer.org)          live well cannot ease the pain of
                                 feeling that we no longer live nobly."
                                  -- John Updike
"Programming should be fun,