Re: linux-ipsec: Re: FreeS/WAN allergic to egcs64 (SPARC)

> AFA gcc CVS, you can give it a shot. Jakub would be able to elaborate more
> on it's usefulness for kernel builds, but I've found that egcs64 (by trial
> and many errors) builds kernels better.

I don't know yet. Yesterday is the first time I've tried to compile kernel
with 2.96 CVS, it failed in floppy.c (but that bug was multiplatform and has
been fixed since, so today after rebuilding the package and fixing some tail
call things I'll recheck).

> i386 is more used, and more tested, so expect things like this on SPARC
> (especially UltraSPARC because of it's the translations from 32bit
> userspace and 64bit kernel space). FreeS/WAN still needs some ioctl's
> carried over to ioctl32.c for sparc64 to even work, and I have not even
> checked to see if it can go as-is, or needs transalations (Dave's
> department, especially considering it is network related :)

In 2.3.xx I wrote a new ioctl32.c stuff so that a kernel module may
register/unregister its ioctl translations and have their handling in itself
(this was done exactly so that non-integrated modules can do that).
The only pre-condition is that the ioctl is not SIOCPRIVATE+x, because the
ioctls are identified by ioctl number and if it is overloaded ioctl which is
used by a bunch of other modules for different things, then the translation
layer does not know what to convert.

	Jakub