TMS390 CPU Hardware Question
I recently was given four Sparc 10s - I'm adding disk and memory to
them and plan on making one of them my major server. I have the
machines but nothing telling me anything about them. They have two
different CPU cards. They are all TMS390 CPUs but two have a second
large black heat sink with "cache controller" written on them.
Anyone know if:
1. It makes a difference which cards I use for multiprocessing.
2. Which one would be better. dual cache controller, one of each, dual
no cache controller.
3. If they all have cache controllers and some just have a fancy heat sink.
4. A good place to find out things like this.
5. Is there any advantage to putting more than two processors in one machine.
6. Is there a "cheap" source for additional processors.