booting problems w/ potato on sparcstation IPX (sun4c)

i got this machine working w/ slink, but when i upgraded to potato,
SILO failed to work.  I only get "S".  I think it may be that I just
need to re-run silo, but since I can't get any potato boot floppies to
work I can't do it (since it's linked against glibc2.1).  The newest
boot floppies I could find (february 2nd or so i think...) just hang
at "loading linux".  does anyone have a statically linked silo
somewhere or some newer boot floppies that might work?

thanx,
eric.

--
 _____  _