Re: Problem Installing on Sparc5

Aaron Daniels wrote:
> Ok,
> I am trying to find out how to change the bytes per sector to 512 b/s on
> My Panasonic CW 7502-B I have searched the net and the panasonic site
> but cant find any info on how, it doesnt look like its jumpers will do
> it, Does anyone know how?
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

I took a look in documentation of my Plextor CDROM.  The jumper is called
"blocksize" but not all drives provide it.  I guess if you can't find the info,
your drive cannot be switched into this mode (this is why I bought a Plextor
CDROM for instance).
Anyway, this mode is only required by the boot prom to boot off CDROM directly.
Linux can cope with standard 2048 bytes/sector when loaded, thefore you can try
booting from floppy (rescue+root images) or network (tftpboot image) then
continue to install from CDROM.

Hope this helps.

--
 Eric Delaunay                 | S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y
 delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr | a pas de problème.   Devise Shadok.