ccc: undefined reference to: `__builtin_next_arg'

Hi Alpha guys,

After talking to an alpha-adept in a local Linux users meeting, i
decided to
get Compaq's ccc in order to see if my Alpha/533 can compare to my
Intel/500, because it appears that gcc (egcs for alpha) doesn't
optimize so well for alpha.

Now for the particular code i am running, the linker complains for
unresolved references that ccc generates:

	undefined reference to `__builtin_next_arg'

the indicated line is in a

	int SgetArgs(int argc, char** argv, ...) {}

block, at the line

  		va_start(ap, argv);

gcc compiled code does not generate __builtin_next_arg references.

Any ideas how to tackle this problem?  Any other experiences, might
this be Debian-specific?

Thanks,

---david