Re: partitioning problems

> I am attempting to install Debian 2.1 on an Ultra-1. I partitioned as
> follows:
> /dev/sda1     SunOS root
> /dev/sda2     Linux swap
> /dev/sda3     Whole disk
> /dev/sda7     SunOS usr
> /dev/sda8     Linux native
>
> When I try to initialize the  swap it says--
> The swap partition /dev/sda2 could not be activated:
> Invalid argument

I ignored that message during the install and went without swap. I managed to
enable swap after installing a later version of the kernel, but I don't
remember whether the 2.2.1 kernel you get with Debian 2.1 can handle it after
installation.

--
	Peter Haworth	pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com
Horse sense is what you have if, on the verge of a biting retort,