Fresh New potato boot disks from the 2.2.6 boot floppies

Today I tried  the 2.2.6 boot floppy build  of Sun4cdm  Rescue.bin on an  LX. I have the exact same "Caught in an endless loop!" as described for  the SS1, Sun4c  below. The LX I tried has a floppy, SUN+ external CDROM (Sony CDU-561),  ROM Rev 2.9 + 32Mb RAM. 850Mb Quantum HD.
The large fonts look good here.

Re-tried on Sun4c again with the same result. Will download boot floppy images again to see if I have a problem with the disks themselves.
Any suggestions?

Peter Myers

Quick test only: Sun4c disk install
SparcStation1, 16 Mb Ram, Boot Prom version 1, 540 Mb IBM HD,
framebuffer cg6

Compared to last 2 versions of potato very smooth install till "Install
Operating System Kernel and Modules"
Asks for Rescue.bin, then Driver-1.bin then "message saying analysing
next step" which sends me back to "Install Operating System Kernel and
Modules".
Caught in endless loop!  Didn't have time to play more.

Pages load at same very slow rate (16 seconds max)  with large font as
reported before. Small fonts may be better.
BLOCK Cursor consistantly one line high at menu selection.

Peter Myers