Re: Weitek Power uP Processor

Hey George-

Weitek got out of the SPARC manufacturing business in 1996 so there really
is nothing "official" from Weitek concerning Weitek POWER uP's and
Linux.
    Rave bought their remaining inventory and still sells from that inventory.
I'm not sure about any chips lower than "9518".  As far as I know they don't
work according to the newsgroups if they are lower.
    Weitek made quite a few revisions to their POWER Up's though.  I can only
add that you can try it.........

Tad

--
Tad Bilby