Re: console-data question

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 02:13:37PM -0500, Aaron Solochek wrote:
>   x                               UK
>   x                               Finland
>   x                               France
>   x                               Germany
>   x                               Russia
>   x                               Spain
> > On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 01:57:23PM -0500, Aaron Solochek wrote:
> > > When I just upgraded, console-data asked me what sort of keyboard I had
> > > (type 5) and what keyboard layout (US)  However, US was not an option,
> > > so I choose UK.  Now I don't know where my " | "(thats a pipe) is
> > > anymore.  Did I get the wrong version of some package?  How do I tell it
> > > to use US keymappings?
> >
> > dpkg-reconfigure -fdialog -plow console-data

Yeah, looks like a bug in console-data package for non-x86 architectures.

Try running this:
/usr/sbin/install-keymap /usr/share/keymaps/sun/sunkeymap

I don't have an installed sparc box handy, so you should probably handle
submitting a bug about console-data not having all of the keymaps that
are available in its config script.

--
Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.