Re: sparc installation

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 09:33:58PM -0800, ferret@phonewave.net wrote:

> Maybe I got the boot args wrong. I was going by the diskless HOWTO, and I
> had it working at one point in time.
>
> RARP on boot server points to the uncompressed a.out kernel image
> (compiled elf2aout on i386) and the kernels do boot to the point where
> they can't mount root FS on 00.00
>
> ok boot net nfsroot=192.168.1.42:/mount/nfs/nfsroot/goober

ok boot net nfsroot=... ip=<this systems ip>:....

Read the nfsroot.txt in linux/Documentation from the kernel. That one
extra ip addres is what the kernel needs (the original RARP that the PROM
gets isn't used, maybe it should be, but that is a kernel bug).

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '